SSHS has the following job openings. To apply for any of them, please send a cover letter and resume indicating what position you are applying for to email@example.com
Animal Care Associate Job Description
The Animal Care Associates report to the Animal Care Manager. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing each cage/kennel on a daily basis according to established shelter cleaning protocols
· Medicating dogs/cats according to prescribed medications by the Animal Care Manager
· Feeding/watering each animal in the morning and afternoon
· Laundering towels, blankets, etc.
· Sweeping and mopping common hallway areas on a daily basis
· Providing twice daily exercise via walks and playgroups for every dog in our care
· Monitoring the daily health of animals in our care and immediately notifying the Animal Care Manager of changes in eating/health/behavior
· Spot cleaning cages/kennels throughout the day after morning cleaning
· Cleaning and disinfecting outside kennels and dog play areas
· Other cleaning duties as assigned
Ideal candidate must be free of all animal allergies. Must possess a valid US driver’s license. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to stand for long periods, bend at waist, and kneel.
Pay rate: $8.25/hour