Fostering may be for you if you can answer Yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you love animals?
- Have extra space in your home and extra time in your schedule?
- Do you have prior pet care experience?
- Are you in-between pets or thinking of adopting in the future?
- Are you a "snowbird" who can only have pets a few months out of the year?
- A frequent traveler who can't commit to long term pet ownership?
If you answered YES to two or more questions, than fostering might be for you. If you would like to foster for SSHS, please download the foster application (at the bottom of the webpage) and fax it to (708) 755-7732 attn. Office Manager. If you have any questions regarding the foster program, please email the Office Manager at email@example.com
Check out this link for a great foster blog...
A POEM TO MY FOSTER DOG
By Diane Morgan
"I am the bridge,
Between what was and what can be.
I am the pathway to a new life.
I am made of mush,
Because my heart melted when I saw you,
Matted and sore, limping, depressed
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.
For one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand.
I will love you with my whole heart.
I will make you whole.
I am made of steel.
Because when the time comes,
When you are well, and sleek,
when your eyes shine,
And your tail wags with joy
Then comes the hard part.
I will let you go-not without a tear,
But without a regret.
For you are safe forever--
A new dog needs me now."